Piccolo Proud Nammekian Release and First Look
After a short delay I finally got my hands on the latest S.H Figuarts release by Tamashii Nations. The long awaited Piccolo Proud Nammekian with the 2.0 body type! Piccolo was a first wave release for the Dragonball S.H Figuarts line so for new collectors and old alike his 2.0 release has been highly anticipated. Like the SSGSS Vegetto first look review I will keep this short and sweet with a list of pros and cons.
- 2.0 Body type and more accurate colours compared to the original release.
- Severed arm part.
- New and improved? arm attachment joints. A lot easier than the old type to switch the arms with his folded ones.
- Mantle is easy to remove, and you have the option to have no mantle at all with the cover plate.
- No ki effect (where is his 'SPECIAL BEAM CANON!!!!!!').
- The red lipstick colouring stands out too much. The promo pics had this as a very thin line so maybe production was sloppy/rushed.
- His resting face looks cross-eyed depending on the angle you look at it.
Overall while I love this figure and he felt and looked a lot better in hand, I am still slightly disappointed with the lack of effects and the shading especially after last months SSGSS Vegetto release. I guess this really shows the difference between retail and web exclusive figure quality. Even with his cons he should be on everyone's preorder list as he will look awesome in any collection, especially when paired with Gohan who comes out soon too.
Make sure you check out the reference page as it has been updated with 360 images for the box and figure as well as extra pose and packaging photos!
- Piccolo Proud Nammekian Reference Page: 360 images